Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Capturing the memories.

Recently, like yesterday, I bit the bullet and bought a new camera. I have been ogling other people's cameras and their beautiful pictures for say, 3 years now, and I think I'm ready to commit. Before I commit to something so expensive I have to sit and let it ruminate for awhile because I've purchased big $ items ie: my bread machine, sewing machine, wheat grass juicer etc... and there they sit unused. Oh, I used them alright, for about a week until I got frustrated and put them away where they sit now, all dusty and forlorn, taunting me. This time will be different! And I mean it! I am always seeing things and thinking, "that would be a great picture" and not to mention I would love to capture the memories of my kiddos, their little hands, toes, what they look like when they nurse, their mad face, you know, all of those little things that you have a really hard time bringing to mind when they are not right in front of you.

So I purchased a Nikon D40 with 2 lenses both of which I have no idea what I'm going to do with, but I'll learn. It seems like a really great beginners camera, not too easy, not too complicated. It has many great auto functions but I really hope I can challenge myself to stay in manual mode most of the time (I really have no idea what I'm talking about but it sounds good). I have absolutely no time to take a class but I have a friend who is a fantastic self taught photographer and she said she would help me out. This isn't my first digital camera, my last was a Canon power shot, I think, and I really don't like it. Fingers crossed on this one. Hopefully soon enough you'll be seeing beautiful magazine-like photos, all blurry around the edges and crisp in the middle (something to do with aperture, see I have a long way to go) in my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment